Sunday, July 30, 2017

Music Speaks, Music Heals

It's been ten days since the world lost Chester Bennington, yes I'm still talking about it because I'm still thinking about it. I can't seem to get it off my mind.   That man saved me, his music saved me. I still feel like I'm in a tunnel or underwater, but...I'm getting there, because I have to.  I have to believe  his loss will save someone, will keep them fighting because he lost his battle with depression... as the band said in their statement, they always knew his demons were part of the deal and so many of us deal with those, don't we?


I have tried listening to Linkin Park since this tragedy, and some songs I can handle, and some I can't...I had already had a hard time listening to One More Light  I don't know if I ever can again, which, in a way it reminds me of when Prince died just over a year ago....I still can't handle hearing Little Red Corvette the first song I ever loved by him when I was just a tiny, little girl.


A few songs are getting me through this, most notably Bush's songs Sound of Winter and The Only Way Out Is Through. There is something absolutely calming about Gavin Rossdale  maybe it's just his genuineness  or the positivity he shows in his interactions with fans.

 That song then lead to listening to Shinedown and their song How Did You Love.  That song gives me goosebumps, but it's also a reminder that we have to love people for who and what they are. At least that's what I get out of it. At the end of your life, how did you love? Did you love people for their scars and their battles or were we judge and jury for people's mistakes?

 This then lead me to True Colors by Cyndi Lauper  which is always a reminder to be YOU. Be the person you're meant to be and it's okay.  I remember playing this song over and over when my son was being bullied...reminding him that who he was, was okay, and that if people couldn't see his true colors, it was their loss......I can't say it's getting easier, but music heals, and it will get better....tomorrow is a new day, and I want to live my life and see what the future brings.

No comments:

Post a Comment