Friday, July 21, 2017

Words Fail....

Never in a million years, did I believe I'd write this post...and certainly not as my first "real" one. Yesterday my world  shattered, my musical world that is.  Yesterday morning, Chester Bennington  died. Those words destroy a piece of me to type.  The worst is that it was by his own hand.


Honestly....   I had an entirely different post planned about the band, that I was working on when the news came down.  One day I will be ready to get back to that post. Instead,  let me take you on a little trip through the years since my introduction to them:


My husband fell in love with Linkin Park, long before I did....but when I did, I fell hard. This band has been saying the words I couldn't in so many situations. They were there with "One Step Closer" when I was angry....in a way "Leave Out All The Rest" was a love song in a sense between my husband and I after a dream he had about me when he first heard it ..they were there with "Shadow of the Day" when I suffered a pregnancy loss I didn't know if I could come back from.


Their most recent album, "One More Light" has been a constant, since it's release because I've been fighting depression and anxiety, tones of which are prevalent on the album....It boils down to, when I need to feel, I turn to Linkin Park.....many of us fans did.


 The one sentiment I have seen over and over again the last 24-hours is how we wish we could have saved him...the way his music speaking saved us.








No comments:

Post a Comment