Tuesday, October 10, 2017

Another Legend Gone..

I have struggled to find the words to say about Tom Petty and I know I can't do him justice. All I can say is it sucks that another music legend is gone. I am starting to feel like I never post here unless someone has died. He was another one I've loved since I was a little girl,  and the Alice In Wonderland style video for Don't Come Around Here No More gave me nightmares especially the scene where Alice turns into cake and he, as the Mad Hatter cuts a piece of her out.....but it was the beginning of my exposure to his musical genius, that existed before I was born.  I have used I Won't Back Down as my theme song.  I used to pretend that Don't Do Me Like That was sung to me, by someone I cared deeply for was sung to me and that maybe when he saw me with someone else he realized what he lost.  Seeing a young Johnny Depp in Into The Great Wide Open.  Listening to Free Fallin' and You Don't Know How It Feels with friends...it's just, hard to wrap my brain around......another one on my bucket list.......another one gone with no chance of it happening....my heart keeps breaking more and more

No comments:

Post a Comment